Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters: Tutti Frutti & Creme Brulee



So I thought I best get this post done before it's deemed soo last season.  

 

I chose to pick up the two that I had already planned to buy from reading blogs before they were released over here.  I find it interesting how everyone seems to be buying two, even with the 3-for-2 deal at Boots.  Why not buy three?  Or just one?  Anyway, they are £7.99 each, and you get just about double of what I've rolled up in the above pic...not very much, huh!  As for the packaging, I really really like it.

These are the hand swatches I posted in my last haul post.  I apologise for re-using images...but it makes sense.  It's probably very clear but the one on the right is Tutti Frutti, and the left is Creme Brulee.


I think the nude colour of this is perfect.   It is extremely moisturising. It does take quite a lot of coats to get to this colour, and when you get so little product for such a high price that does worry me a tad.  But I struggle finding a nice nude lipstick so if this is the one for me, so be it.



This is a coral shade.  I have just bought a No.7 lipstick of a colour very similar to this too.  I'm not sure it's the perfect colour for me, but I do love it!  It may suit me a bit better when I get tanned a bit? I love the lip butter too as it's very pigmented, and moisturising too.  It's probably my favourite of the two.

So, cons include the high price and lack of product.  Also, longevity isn't amazing but it's a lip butter, not a lipstick...so I'll let it go.  Also, on the lighter shades I believe the pigmentation of one coat isn't fantastic?  However, the pros are well raved about now: moisturising, pigmented, gorgeous colours, gorgeous packagaing.  Would I buy again!  Most probably yes.  I may wait until a deal comes out again though.

The End.  Toodle Pip! xxx


7 comments:

  1. They both look lovely on you! I've nominated you for a versatile blogger award over on my blog :)xx

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice on you, think im going to havea look at creme brulee, looks lovely!

    harrihairandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I definitely recommend it! x

      Delete
  3. I get what you mean by "last season", seems like the hype over these is slowly fading since they were first released in the US months ago. Still, these two shades are perfect on you - one being the flattering nude colour and the other a bright pop of colour to the lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think half the hype was the wait for them. They're really good but not amazing. Thanks :) x

      Delete
  4. I love Creme Brulee. It's such an easy colour to throw on with anything and I find it so moisturising. I really fancy Tutti Fruity too but I always play it safe and stick to nudes!

    obsessionsofagirlygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete