Saturday, 3 March 2012

Cosmetics Haul!

This product claims to have a 'Pressocapsular Firm-System' that works whilst you're sat down to firm and tone your thighs and bottom.  I've seen this in Boots for ages, but never seen it promoted in magazines, blogs etc. and I also thought, if this really worked...why aren't there millions of products like this out there costing the earth!?  So I always avoided paying £14.50 for it.  However, reading reviews, it seems to work for some people so I thought I'd give it a go as my thighs and bottom are definitely my wobbliest areas - will definitely let you know how I get on! 

Revlon are currently doing a 2 for £10 deal which is fantastic so I got the nail varnish in 'Facets of Fuschia' and the Just Bitten lip stain in 'Beloved'.  
Both products have been a disappointment to me.  The pigmentation of the lip stain is so poor that I actually took it back for an exchange, and have the same issue with the new one! :(  It makes my lips look a mess.  Gutted.  & although the nail varnish has fantastic quality (ie. hardly chips until days later), it is far from the colour the bottle shows.  It comes out mostly jet black with a few fuschia glitter specks here and there...
But this photo makes it looks lovely...what!?!?

Superdrug 3-for-2 offer!

I was very excited when I saw this as I don't want to risk spending the Liz Earle price tag when I don't know what the difference is.  This was only £3.99, and comes with a muslin cloth.

I have never used a night cream :O This is only £2.99 so I thought it was worth it just to see what I've been missing out on.

I had run out of toner so added this to the 3-for-2 deal.  It costs £2.99, and is for sensitive skin...which I don't have, but there's no harm in being a bit more gentle to my face!
I have also never used an eye cream before.  I once used an eye gel once or twice and it made my eyes really sore so I have never gone back.  However, I hear they are an essential item so I'm giving this cream a go.  I've read good reviews, and it's a pro that it's for brightening eyes as I do suffer from dark circles!

I couldn't walk away from these which is naughty.  They were £3.99 each and I'm not a huge fan of any of the colours on their own (either that, or I own a dupe...which I do of all the of the box on the left haha) but next to each other they seemed really nice.  So I may do a stripey design on my nails using the sets.
I also bought a black compact mirror from H&M, but I couldn't be bothered to take a picture.  Its a circular compact mirror, and it's black. 

I hope you're all well!

xxx


6 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same about the Revlon nail polish! Such a disappointment. I have the H&M nail polishes on the right! I LOVE the glitter one!So pretty!

    I'd like to know what you think of the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser. I was SO tempeted to by it the other day but just don't have the money :( maybe next month if it's worth it?
    Great post! I love seeing what other people buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried the nail varnishes yet! The glitter one does look amazing!
      I will do a review on it then. I think £3.99 is a great price as you get loads and I spend around that much on a regular cleanser. I've used it twice so far and it does seem to clean my skin extremely well...but I need a bit more experience with it before I shout about it. :) x

      Delete
  2. I wonder the soap and glory product a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that "Sit Tight" works it will be a miracle! please let us know how you get on. lovely blog xx

    thebigburd.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will do a post about it! Thank you :) xx

      Delete