Tuesday, 28 February 2012

February Carmine Box!!


SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW.  I have had a terrible day so far (still am) uni-wise, but I came home to this at the door...and everything seems about 45.7% better!  So instead of rushing work and e-mailing teachers, I took pictures, resized and bordered them, had a play with my new toys, and am now updating my blog. :D  

I never usually do beauty box posts as I think everyone does them, and they're always the same products/different photographer.  HOWEVER, that may be the case, but I do still love reading them so maybe my logic doesn't work!  So maybe I'll start doing them, as I do subscribe to any beauty box I can find!  So, who cares....here goes!
 
There were three full sized products in this box: a nail varnish, a body wash, and a steamcream moisturiser.  AND a sixth 'bonus' item of a perfume sample.  This has to be the best tenner I've ever spent!

Although I love this product, the colour I received left me a little sad-faced. I have pictured it here next to Barry M's 'shocking pink', and as you can see, there's a too-similar resemblance.  I lovelovelove the colour, but I don't really want two of the same.  I can't decide if I'll do a swap yet.

 
Although body washes tend to be the disappointment of a beauty box for most people, I'm really excited about this.  I am AMAZED with the 'Balance Me' face oil from last month's box, so super excited to try this.  It claims that because of the shea butter inside, it means moisturising after your shower is not necessary!  I love anything shea butter (I use shea butter toilet roll) as it's all good for you, and smells delish.  HOWEVER, the whiff from the tube I got was slightly lavendery: ooooh nooooo.  I hate.  We'll see, it might be different in the shower!




I'm looking forward to seeing what other tin designs everyone got!  How pretty!  I think this is just an intense all-natural all-over moisturiser. It contains (here goes): oatmeal infusion, orange flower water, almond oil, lavender oil, organic jojoba oil and cocoa butter.  It could smell of cocoa butter, but ooooh noooo it stinks a bit lavendery.  It feels incredibly lovely though...what's a girl to do.


 This shade is absolutely perfect for me.  I quickly swiped it on just for the sake of a photo on here...probably should've made a bit more effort for neatness!  Did we all get the same shade?
 
This smells beautiful which I'm happy about, as I'm quite a fussy perfume person!  Really light and flowery.  It's described as fruity floral with top notes of green leaves, complimented by peony flower, red currant, geranium and heliotrope and undertones of warm amber.

 
What a strange thing to go in a beauty box, eh?  I'm so excited to try this!  I suffer from very weak gums so I tend to purchase gum strengthening toothpastes, but I occasionally have a break and o for a whitening one.  This is apparently a celebrity tool, so I can't wait to see the results!
So overall I am SOOOOOO pleased with this box!  Even if I'd hated it, I'm incredibly happy with the value for money!  I love absolutely everything in it, and am excited to try it all.  Carmine is probably my favourite beauty box of the lot (products, value for money, customer service etc.) and it definitely hasn't let me down with this box!
Did anyone get anything different from me?  What do you think of the items?

13 comments:

  1. i received mine today too!! :) eeeek exciting!
    i got exactly the same products but my steamcream was in a leopard print tin which i was far too happy about haha! & also my nail varnish was a different colour.

    I <3 THESE BOXES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I do love the leopard print tin! Carmine is definitely the box I get most excited about! x

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks great! I am still waiting for mine to arrive but after seeing what you got I'm excited!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the wait! I hope you're just as ecstatic as I am when you try them all out :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post! Oh you got the same shade of lipstick, fab colour :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's beautiful - I'm soo happy with it! x

      Delete
  4. you have won the versatile blogger award

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The products look amazing! Can't wait for the review.

    xoxo,
    Jasmine

    http://www.iloveluxe11.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the lipstick!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? I'd love to find a dupe somewhere, but I think this one may be a repurchase... x

      Delete
  7. seems like there were really nice products in it :) i love the nail varnish and the creme. :) they're so nice! and i really like your post :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete