Sunday, 26 February 2012

CUPCAKES!



Hello!
I just had to do a post on some cupcakes I bought the other day.

I've don't really understand this cupcake craze to be honest.  I get the food - but cupcakes are everywhere...cupcake shaped tins, cupcake jewellery, cupcake clothes, cupcake mugs, cup cake tea cozies, cupcake tattoos EVERYWHERE.  I've got nothing against it...but where has this come from from!?
But anyway, I'm loving this bakery on Canterbury high street that do four (FOUR!) cupcakes for £2.45 (TWO POUNDS FORTY-FIVE!) and they look and taste uhhhh-mazing!  I also picked up a ginger bread man and some cherry 7UP to see what it was like.
I also bought my friend a birthday cake from there (AN ENTIRE BIRTHDAY CAKE!) for £2.95 (TWO POUNDS NINETY-FIVE FOR A CAKE!!!) and they added a free (FREE!) 'Happy Birthday' sign (FREE!)....sorry.
Excitement over.
I am currently sat doing uni work and am being distracted very easily.  I like to work in the library as I feel bad being on facebook in there when the computers are needed...but I'm sat at home so I'm browsing blogs and all sorts.

Today is hell.  I hate my uni course so so much and I'm having to do a presentation tomorrow on the French economy....a subject that really bores me. & I'm working with another girl who's done loads for it already so I also feel extremely pressured.  Only about 2-3 months left and then it's goodbye to uni forever!  I cannot wait to have a life again.

That is all, bye bye xxx

12 comments:

  1. Wow cupcakes look amazing.... I never went to uni so don't know what your going through, just stick at it and you will do great!!
    Check out my massive 200 follower giveaway:
    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com/2012/02/massive-200-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you... Uni is normally fine, but this is final year and the work load is unbearable. Only 8 weeks...it'll fly by...

      I just entered. :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow they look so yummy! Love your blog, it's so adorable! Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do fab :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!...were. I love red velvet cupcakes best.

      Thank you & thank you! xx

      Delete
  3. The cupcakes look sooo yummy! And I cannot believe you paid £2.95 for the cake! crazy! :)

    I am doing a big jewellery giveaway on my blog. Feel free to enter

    THE BLACK PEARL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to uni in Canterbury! I feel like I've missed out on this amazing cake shop! They look yummy (but I do agree with you, cupcakes seem to be everywhere atm...also does anyone remember when they were called fairy cakes?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cool! Which uni?? This bakery is new, and I hope it lives a long long time! If you ever pop back, it's right opposite Third Eye! Fairy cakes are different aren't they...with half of it cut up and made into "wings"? x

      Delete
  5. I went to the University of Kent. It was so beautiful! Which uni are you at? I really want to go back just for those cupcakes!!
    No, that's butterfly cakes that you're thinking of. Fairy cakes are exactly the same as cupcakes, but I think cupcakes sounds better which is why it's caught on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at UKC too! Come visit and get cupcakes haha - I'm telling everyone about them!

      I still thought you were wrong so google imaged it - I'M SORRY, YOU'RE RIGHT haha! Cupcakes does sound better though, yeah! They're in a cup (kind of), and they're great with a cup of tea :)

      x

      Delete
    2. Haha! I like the thought of making a 3 - 4 hours drive just for cupcakes....Very tempting! What are you studying?

      Google image search is always the best way to end an arguement! I think fairy cakes make people think of plain cakes with some flat icing and sprinkles (the cakes from everyones youth!) whereas cupcakes makes you think of fancy designs etc. Have you ever watched Cupcake Wars?? I HIGHLY recommend it! Some of the cakes are amazing (plus it's kind of trashy tv but with cakes!)

      Delete
    3. I study French...hating every bit of it, but final year so the light at the end of the tunnel is looking beautiful!

      Yeah very true about fairy/cup cake definitions. I've never even heard of Cupcake Wars...what channel is it on? It sounds fun! x

      Delete
    4. Ugh, how crap am I at replying?? Final year is always fun (except for the exams....) I hope it's going well!

      Cupcake Wars is on Food Network UK. It's on freeview or you can watch it on their website I think. I recommend Ace of Cakes too! Those people make INSANE cakes!

      Delete